1. Changes in GnRH pulse frequency in females is controlled by circulating levels of________
(a) Estrogen and inhibin
(b) Progesterone only
(c) Progesterone and inhibin
(d) Estrogen and progesterone.
Answer : (d) Estrogen and progesterone.
2. Which of the following layers in an antral follicle is acellular?
(b) Theca interna
(d) Zona pellucida
Answer: (c) Stroma
3. What is the correct sequence of sperm formation?
(a) Spermatogonia, spermatozoa, spermatocyte, Spermatid
(b) Spermatogonia, spermatocyte, spermatid, spermatozoa
(c) Spermatid, spermatocyte, spermatozoa, spermatogonia,
(d) Spermatogonia, spermatocyte, spermatozoa, spermatid
Answer: (b) Spermatogonia, spermatocyte, spermatid, spermatozoa
4. The shared terminal duct of the reproductive and urinary system in the human male is__________
(c) Vas deferens
(d) Vasa efferentia
Answer: (b) Urethra
5. A temporary endocrine gland in the human body is________
(a) Pineal gland
(b) Corpus luteum
(c) Corpus cardiacum
(d) Corpus allatum
Answer: (b) Corpus luteum
6. Capacitation occurs in________
(a) Rete testis
(c) Vas deferens
(d) Female reproductive tract
Answer: (d) Female reproductive tract
7. Several hormones like hCG, hPL, oestrogen,progesterone are produced by____________
(c) Fallopian tube
Answer: (b) Placenta
8. Fertilization in humans is practically feasible only with__________
(a) The Ovum and sperms are transporte Simultaneously to ampullary – isthmic junction of the fallopian tube
(b) The ovum and sperms are transported Simultaneously to ampullary – isthmic junction of the cervix.
(c) The sperms are transported into the cervix within 48 hours of release to the ovum in the uterus.
(d) The sperms are transported into vagina just after the release of ovum in the fallopian tube.
Answer: (a) The Ovum and sperms are transporte
9. Which of these is not an important component of initiation of parturition in humans?
(a) Increase in estrogen and progesterone ratio
(b) Synthesis of prostaglandins
(c) Release of oxytocin
(d) Release of Prolactin
10. Which of the following events is not associated with ovulation in human female?
(a) Decrease in oestradiol
(b) Full development of Graafian follicle
(c) Release of secondary oocyte
(d) LH surge
Answer: (a) Decrease in oestradiol
11. Select the correct option describing gonadotropin activity in a normal pregnant female_________
(a) High level of FSH and LH stimulates the thickening of endometrium.
(b) High level of FSH and LH facilitate implantation of the embryo
(c) High level of hCG stimulates the synthesis of estrogen and progesterone
(d) High level of hCG stimulates the thickening of endometrium
Answer: (c) High level of hCG stimulates the synthesis of estrogen and progesterone
12. The main function of mammalian corpus luteum is to produce________
(a) Estrogen only
(c) Human chorionic gonadotropin
(d) Relaxin only
Answer: (b) Progesterone
13. Menstrual flow occurs due to lack of________
Answer: (b) Progesterone
14. Which one of the following is not the function of placenta?
(a) Facilitates removal of carbon dioxide and waste material from embryo
(b) Secretes oxytocin during parturition
(c) Facilitates supply of oxygen and nutrients to embryo
Answer: (b) Secretes oxytocin during parturition
15. Which of the following is a hormone releasing intrauterine device________
(a) Multiload 375
(b) Cervical cap
(c) LNG 20
Answer: (c) LNG 20
16. Tubectomy is a method of sterilization in which__________
(a) Small part of vas deferens is removed or tied up
(b) Uterus is removed surgically
(c) Small part of the fallopian tube is removed and tied up
(d) Ovaries are removed surgically
Answer: (c) Small part of the fallopian tube is removed and tied up
17. One of the legal methods of birth control is________
(a) By having coitus at the time of the day break
(b) By a premature ejaculation during coitus
(c) Abortion by taking an appropriate medicine
(d) By abstaining from coitus from day 10 to 17 of the menstrual cycle
Answer: (d) By abstaining from coitus from day 10 to 17 of the menstrual cycle
18. Which of the following cannot be detected in a developing foetus by amniocentesis?
(a) Down’s syndrome
(c) Klinefelter’s syndrome
(d) Sex of the foetus
Answer: (b) Jaundice
19. Clitoris in human females is homologous to……….. In male.
(b) Cowper’s gland
(d) prostate gland
Answer : (a) penis
20. Hydra reproduces by which type of Reproduction_________
(d) longitudinal binary fission
Answer: (b) budding